The S7 and S7 Edge are available March 11, with preorders beginning February 23.
Samsung hasn’t announced pricing, but it did announce a deal: If you buy either S7 phone between February 23 and March 18, Samsung will give you a free Gear VR virtual reality headset with a bundle of six games. The Gear VR will work with both new S7 phones.
“It looks almost exactly the same as the S6!” you say. And it does. But it also has things that Samsung stripped out of the S6. Important things, like a microSD card slot to store photos, movies and games (which means you won’t have to buy a pricier model to get more storage). It’s once again water-resistant, too. Battery capacity swells, and both the camera and processor promise sharp performance. (But you still can’t remove the battery.)
Read on for more details and the full list of S7 specs.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow software
- 5.4-inch screen with 2,560x1,440-pixel resolution
- Either 32 or 64GB of storage, depending on the region
- MicroSD card slot for extra storage up to 200GB
- 12-megapixel camera
- Water-resistant (IP68 rating)
- 3,600 mAh battery
- “Always-on” display shows time, calendar or images from the lock screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor (or Samsung’s Exynos chipset in some regions)
- Dedicated gaming feature makes it easier to record sessions and screenshots; a do-not-disturb mode blocks incoming notifications
- Colors: black onyx, gold platinum